If you own an Android phone and store important data, it is critical that you know how to back it up to a PC. By backing up your phone’s photos, videos, and other data, you can keep track of them all. The Wi-Fi FTP Server app on your phone is an alternative method of transferring files.
There are billions of Android users, but only a few millions know about TWRP. Even for that, most of them don’t want to try it because they fear the device might be bricked. So we are going to help you understand what TWRP recovery is and how to use it properly. If you have any questions regarding the procedure, ask us by commenting below.
- Built on top of Google’s AOSP code and adding their own custom code to it, LineageOS firmware works as a standalone ROM as well as the source code for many other custom ROMs out there.
- However, image backups perform better when disaster strikes and necessitate a complete system restoration.
- Or, if you have TWRP installed on your device, you can use method 2 to restore the Nandroid backup.
- But to make sure you take everything to your new device, you need a full backup.
SP Flash Tool is primarily available for Windows and Linux operating systems. The tool is designed to be used on computers to flash firmware, custom ROMs, and recovery images onto MediaTek (MTK) based Android smartphones and tablets. But tools from all these different manufacturers are only compatible with their own OEM devices. SP flash tool which is also known as Smart Phone flash tool is a cross-platform application.
- Therefore, the best route forward is taking a Nandroid backup directly via TWRP.
- This backup will help you to restore complete firmware if somehow you bricked your device.
- They also reduce bloatware that comes as a part of many manufacturer skins.
- In my experience, I recommend running two to three backups just to make sure you have everything saved.
- Once completed , use the Volume controls to choose the Reboot System Now menu item, and then hit the Power button to confirm your selection.
Finally, you might want to relock your bootloader as well. The most common method is to use Fastboot with the command fastboot oem lock or fastboot flashing lock.
But to seamlessly root an Android phone, you must install Magisk. Magisk may be installed using a number different techniques, such as TWRP recovery.